Women’s Health Physiotherapy is the therapeutic treatment of all disorders affecting the pelvis and pelvic floor. From incontinence to prolapse, pelvic pain or constipation, there is growing evidence that physiotherapy can alleviate, and in many cases resolve these symptoms.
Conditions we treat;
- Pelvic Pain including Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Incontinence / Bladder dysfunction
- Diastasis Recti Abdominus muscle – tummy muscle separation
- Perineal / episiotomy and caesarean section scarring
- Pregnancy-related musculoskeletal problems such as back pain, sciatica or carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pelvic floor surgery or Hysterectomy
How can we help?
Following detailed questioning, we will undertake a physical assessment of your movement. If appropriate, you may be offered an internal examination. We understand that this is a sensitive subject to discuss and assess and will ensure you are comfortable at all times.
Treatment can include;
- Soft tissue release of the pelvic floor, abdomen, back, hips and pelvis
- Internal examination and manual therapy techniques
- Scar massage and myofascial release
- Kinesio-taping to support painful structures
- Advice and education to help you prepare for childbirth
- Breathing re-education
- Pelvic floor retraining and exercises
- Provision of a programme of exercises which may include strength & stability work.
- Advice regarding pelvic stability belts, sleeping positions, exercise and movement modifications
- Provision of a bespoke return to exercise programme